Swimming Lessons For Kids (5 – 12 years old)
Indoor Heated Pools . Well-proven Curriculum . Over 20000 Happy Students
Water safety is not optional, it’s essential
Swimming is an essential skill just like walking and climbing. Once mastered, children can explore their world and boundaries more confidently. Research shows that regular swimming increases oxygen delivery to the brain. Having a good time swimming, won’t just benefit the children physically but also help them to focus on daily activities and learn more efficiently! At Happy Fish, we believe that learning to swim should promote lifelong skills and be fun! We love to swim, and our goal is to teach our students to love it too!
Today, swimming is regarded as an essential skill and is included as part of the national curriculum. One of the most popular sports in the country, it may be executed for recreational purposes, as a competitive activity or for more adventurous purposes such as swimming in open waters.
Opportunity to take part in SwimSafer Certification
Our kids’ swimming lessons are designed to start with learn to swim using Happy Fish method. Once the children attained proficient in swimming skills, children will be able to choose to take part in SwimSafer assessment, designed to help children in developing water survival and life-saving skill.
Learn To Swim Progression
Water Confidence & Propulsion
Students will learn how to enter the water safely and how to be safe in deep water. General safety knowledge alongside learning how to move forward and backward in the water is taught as well. Personal survival skills and the ability to properly enter and exit the pool will be covered here.
Freestyle, Backstroke & Breaststroke
Children will learn to swim basic freestyle, backstroke and breastroke at this stage. Additional skills on how to get into the water and how to perform a surface dive are covered. Students will learn to swim at least 25 metres.
Butterfly & Proficient Swim Strokes
Children will learn to swim butterfly stroke and handle all other swim strokes techniques proficiently. The new goal at this point is to swim for 100 metres continuously.
Children who wish to take Swimsafer certification will be able to skip the first 3 stages and take part from Bronze level onwards.
Who We Are?
Happy Fish is the leading swim school with 13 indoor heated swimming pools in Singapore & Malaysia, providing high-quality learn-to-swim programmes for all ages since 2007.
With 14 years of research and experience, we commit to bring the best learning experience to all our students. Using state-of-the-art water sanitisation and filtration system, our students can learn to swim in a comfortable, controlled environment with crystal clear water.
Happy Fish's Indoor Heated Swimming Pools
The happiest place to learn swimming!
Our indoor pool is running on state-of-the-art salt chlorinator combined with UV filter. UV is the non-chemical technology used to purify drinking water. The results are equally impressive in swimming pools. You'll enjoy a pool that is safe, healthy, and a lot easier to manage. UV does the heavy lifting which lowers chlorine demand up to 90%. Bacteria and other disinfection by-products are safely eliminated.
We maintain pool temperature at 32-33 Celsius during lesson time, so be assured to enjoy the warm crystal clear water and say goodbye to shivers, stinging eyes, dry hair and skin!
HOME @ Bedok
HOME @ Stevens
Wild Wild Wet
- Happy Fish @ Wild Wild Wet
- Happy Fish @ Bedok
- Happy Fish @ Jurong East
- Happy Fish @ Horsecity
- Happy Fish HOME @ Bedok
- Happy Fish HOME @ Stevens
- Weekday 1pm to 9pm (Last class at 8.30pm)
- Weekend 9am to 6pm (Last class at 5.30pm)
|Happy Fish Indoor||Happy Fish Shaded||Happy Fish HOME|
|Term: 10 lessons with 4 make-up credits|
|Frequency: Once a week|
|Duration: 45 minutes (<6 students)|
|Duration: 60 minutes (7-10 students)|
|Class size (Beginner): max 6 students|
|Class size (Int & Adv): max 10 students|
Happy Fish Pool Class Policy
- Lessons are scheduled for 10 consecutive weeks, excluding gazetted public holidays.
- A maximum of 4 make-up credits is allowed each term (only applicable for infants, toddlers, kids’ classes). Parents must inform the school 2 hours before the lesson. A valid Medical Certificate of the student’s name must be submitted within a week of the absence backdating of the lesson.
- Strictly no rescheduling of the make-up lesson is allowed. If you have confirmed a make-up slot, the make-up credit is considered utilized. To reschedule a make-up lesson, another make-up credit must be activated 2 hours before the lesson.
- Students with perfect attendance (or not utilising the make-up credits) are eligible to redeem either an underwater photoshoot or a 1-minute milestone video.
- Children below 5 years old are required to wear approved snugly fitting swim diapers (iPlay™ and SnuglyFit™). Strictly no other brands of swim diapers are allowed.
- Students will be grouped according to age in their first term and may subsequently be regrouped according to their stages (timing may change).
- There will be no lesson if the lesson falls on a gazetted public holiday. Lessons will be postponed and no further action is required by the customer.
- Lessons will be as per normal for public holidays in lieu unless otherwise announced.
- Happy Fish reserves the right to send a relief instructor if the class coach is unable to conduct the lesson on that day.
- The School reserves the right to cancel or postpone the lesson in an unforeseen situation or when a relief coach is unavailable.
- The School reserves the right to reschedule the commencement date of classes if the class size does not meet the minimum requirement.
- In the event when the class size falls short upon the next term, the School reserves the right to reshuffle the students and close the class.
- Other general Terms and Conditions apply
Any Happy Fish Indoor Heated Pool
|Location||Happy Fish||Happy Fish HOME|
|Group of 2||S$486||S$810|
|Group of 3||S$540||S$972|
|Group of 4||S$594||S$1134|
|Freq||Once a week|
|Duration||45 minutes per lesson|
*All prices above are inclusive of GST
What is the age range for this particular category?
Children aged 5 years and above would consider kids category.
Do I need to be in the pool together with my child?
There is no need for parents to be in the pool with the child. You can observe the class near the pool.
Can I group my 3 years old kid with 8 year old kid together?
As they are in different categories, we recommend to conduct the class separately. We will suggest a back to back lesson for your children. We will be using different syllabus for toddler and kid swimming lessons.
Can I enroll my toddler to join Kid's Swimming Lessons?
It is not advisable to do so. As our kid’s class is design for kids age 5 and above, your child may have difficulty in catching up the pace. It may be counter-productive to do so. We will however, consider the decison on a case by case basis to see if the child is suitable for the class.
What do I need to bring for my swimming lesson?
You need to have your own swim gear, goggles and float board for the first lesson. Your swimming instructor may advise you further after the first lesson.
Are your instructors certified and proficient in handling kids?
Our instructors conducting kids classes are are trained and experienced in conducting swimming lessons for kids.
Is there any trial class available?
we have group trial for beginner and no water phobia student and private trial for student with Special need, water phobia.
My child is Asthmatic. Is he suitable to learn swimming?
We highly recommend a doctor’s opinion to be sought first as there are varying degrees of Asthma.
I couldn't find my answer.
Please email your enquiries to [email protected], we will be in touch with you soon. Alternatively, you can also give us a call at 6589-8650, Mondays-Sundays, 9am-6pm.
Important Message For Parents
Parents play an important role in children’s swimming experience. While children are striving hard to learn how to swim, parents should know how to help their children.
- Do not expect your child to be able to swim soon after they are introduced to the water. It depends on individual’s learning ability. As a parent, you should focus on the long-term goal and avoid putting pressure on achievement and expecting quick results, as this may become counter-productive.
- Don’t be over ambitious about your child’s progress. Allow them to gradually develop and improve at his or her own pace. There is no shortcut in learning to swim. Practice makes perfect. Every children needs regular lessons and training, so don’t hurry them! Your child will learn much more in short and frequent regular visits than in the occasional long one.
- If your child no longer seems to enjoy the water, don’t give up! Continue your regular lessons but don’t waste all the earlier good work. It is a good idea to just hang around and watch as the others carry on, rather than skipping lessons.
- Don’t compare your child with others. Everyone has different learning ability.
- If your child accidentally slips into the water and swallows water during the lesson, don’t worry, as this is a learning process. Praise them for trying. Children need to be encouraged. By doing this, children will enjoy and have fun.
- If your child cries during the lesson, it doesn’t mean that your child is not ready for swimming lessons. You child may be adjusting to the separation from Mum and Dad, getting accustomed to the new surroundings, or just having a bad day. Give your child some time and let him or her develop confidence. Very soon he or she will be able to enjoy this wonderful experience in a totally relaxed environment with us.
Optional Advance Program
Open Water SwimSafer
Suitable for triathlon enthusiast. Experience the thrill of swimming in an open water condition and conquer the waves. You will be taught the techniques and skills to swim in open water (sea). Read More – Open Water SwimSafer
For those who are really into swimming and wish to take part in various swimming competition, this stage emphasizes swimming stroke corrections, swimming speed, stamina and endurance. Special techniques like somersault in water, professional plunging will also be introduced in this stage to reduce the swimming time. Read More – Competitive Swim Training
This program impart you the necessary life saving skill according to Life Saving 1,2,3, Bronze Medallion and etc. Rope throwing, Towing and other rescue technique will be introduced. You will be able to take part in various life saving competiton too! Read More – LifeSaving Course
Platform diving is a part of swimming and that it helps to bring your techniques to the next level. Anyone who has swimming skills can pick it up and it isn’t just suitable for professionals alone. Hence, we are providing you with this unique opportunity to dive like a pro! Read More – Platform Diving